Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tatami Hampton Hotel closed down on 18 June 2008

With great surprise that after the a day of travelling within Hong Kong Island, I saw there are so many people carrying camera at the front doors of Tatami Hampton Hotel, Mongkok, Hong Kong.

At the beginning we were so excited that there might have some superstars in the mist of filming, but when we got closer, we discovered that were wrong, they are reporters.

Doors that going up to the hotel rooms were locked and only a small door to the reception area were left opened. I got to know from one senior uncle that this hotel has been handed over to the court and all guest have to leave the hotel immediately.

I was like "What?, the hotel that I stayed last night close shop?" I had a feeling at that time that we are going to find some place to stay on that night, and that was at about 10.00PM.

We know time is ticking, suddenly I saw a guest came out from the small doors, immediately more than 10 reporters were go near to him to ask questions.

I know that is a great timing, we walk straight into the hotel lobby.

I saw policemen all around; one guy came over to ask if I am guest of this hotel, and explain to me what was happened today.

The policemen were so helpful, and they speak in nice tone. I recorded my room number, contact information and I went up to pack my stuffs.

I made a call to one of my friend in Hong Kong, and he was so surprise. He is then helped me to look for any budget hotel room available nearby.

One of the policemen volunteers to lend me his personal mobile phone to make phone call when I requested to use phone at the front desk. He was then spoke to my friend and helped to take down the address of a hotel (Y.W.C.A.) nearby.

We took taxi to Y.W.C.A., check in and sigh!! We have a shelter now…

We were told to contact the following council for complaints.

Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong
Address: Rm. 1706, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
Telephone: 2969 8188
Visitor Hotline: 2807 0707

Consumer Council
Address: G/F,3 Ashlet Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong.
Telephone: 2929 2222

-

No comments: